The event weekend was full with three days of drag racing, golf cart races, and “best of” awards. Memphis International Raceway walked away with IHRA Ironman in Top and Mod in the main eliminations and Brainerd Optimist Dragstrip claimed the Junior Dragster trophy. The Gambler’s races saw six different winners from Memphis, I-64 Motorplex, London Dragway, and Knoxville Dragstrip.
The participating tracks included: Memphis International Raceway, Holly Springs Motorsports, London Dragway, Middle Tennessee Dragway, Mountain Park Dragway, Knoxville Dragstrip, Brainerd Optimist Dragstrip, I-64 Motorplex, Gulfport Dragway, Ozark Dragway and Mo-Kan Dragway.
The host track claimed their first win of the event in Mod when Kenny Bomar defeated Stennis Roberts from Gulfport Dragway in the final round. Both drivers fouled at the line but Bomar’s -0.012 reaction time was less severe than Rogers’ -0.022, giving him the IHRA Ironman.
Memphis International Raceway’s Jesse Rogers from Lebanon, Tennessee and Robbie Payne with Holly Springs Motorsports advanced to the final round in Top. Payne broke at the line giving Rogers the second main event win for Team Memphis. Rogers made a 4.992-second pass on a 4.67 dial-in with a .251 reaction time.
Jake Clayton from Brainerd Optimist Dragstrip and Carly Simpson from London Dragway advanced to the Junior Dragster final round. Simpson red-lit at the tree giving the top spot to Clayton who made a 7.833-second on a 7.9 dial-in pass with a .023 reaction time.
Friday’s Gambler’s Race:
- Top – Leigh Hubbard (Memphis) 4.861 on a 4.86 dial-in, .015 reaction time defeated Ron Lane (Brainerd) 4.474 on a 4.46 dial-in, .019 reaction time.
- Mod – Chris Butcher (I-64) 5.832 on a 5.81 dial-in, .009 reaction time defeated Bobby Arnett (I-64) 6.399 on a 6.38 dial-in, .012 reaction time.
- Junior Dragster – Christopher Weber (London) 8.664 on an 8.60 dial-in, .003 defeated Brianna Weber (London) 8.06 on a 7.93 dial-in, .004 reaction time.
Saturday’s Gambler’s Race:
- Top – Justin Guffney (I-64) 5.564 on a 5.56 dial-in, .016 reaction time defeated Travis Nelson (Knoxville) 4.651 on a 4.64 dial-in, .016 reaction time.
- Mod – Bobby Arnett (I-64) 6.419 on a 6.4 dial-in, .035 reaction time defeated Bradley Sanders (Memphis) 6.594 on a 6.58 dial-in, -0.006 (foul)
- Junior Dragster – Caleb Cate (Knoxville) 8.04 on a 7.96 dial-in, .046 reaction time defeated Brandon Yazell (I-64) broke at the line
- Best Appearing Open Bodied Car – Ron Lane, Brainerd Optimist Dragstrip
- Best Engineered Open Bodied Car – Jeremy Bargo, London Dragway
- Best Appearing Full Bodied Car – Sonny West, Ozark Raceway
- Best Engineered Full Bodied Car – Sam Welborn, Mo-Kan Dragway
- Best Appearing Junior Dragster – Colby Jones, Middle Tennessee Dragway
- Best Engineered Junior Dragster – Kaden Jones, Middle Tennessee Dragway
- Best Team Spirit – Knoxville Dragway
- Best Appearing Sponsor Banner – Knoxville Dragstrip
- Best Appearing Team – Ozark Dragway
- Best Appearing Grandstands – Memphis International Raceway
Division 2 West IHRA Summit Team Finals Point Standings
- Memphis International Raceway 40
- Holly Springs Motorsports 33
- London Dragway 30
- Middle Tennessee Dragway 26
- Knoxville Dragstrip 21
- Brainerd Optimist Dragstrip 19
- I-64 Motorplex 15
- Gulfport Dragway 13
- Ozark Dragway 10
- Mo-Kan Dragway 6
- Mountain Park Dragway 5